Imagine a situation where you finally get a match on Tinder and it feels like you’ve met your soulmate. Your conversations flow smoothly and you just can’t wait to meet them in person. Now imagine one day you open the app to see your potential date is no longer available.
Bang! And just like that, you feel a sharp pain like a bullet penetrated your chest and it appears as if the world is crashing down.
Believe it or not, these incidences are quite common on the world’s most popular online dating platform, and it can happen to you. In case if you have managed to stumble upon this article looking for a solution for lost matches on Tinder, don’t worry. You’re not the first person who has faced this issue, and certainly won’t be the last.
What is the reason behind lost matches?
Even though the exact cause of the error remains unknown, this is a popular technical glitch of Tinder that’s managed to create chaos around the world. Apparently, a glitch in the app’s software server caused users to lose all their precious matches, leaving them no one to flirt with.
Yeah, we know it sucks being alone in the vast cyber wilderness with nobody to have fun with except yourself. However, there is a way how you can recover your lost matches, and it’s not half as tough as you may have imagined. Keep on reading to find out more.
1. Open Tinder app on your smartphone
2. Go to settings and press the App Settings, and then tap the icon you see on the top left corner of the screen
3. Scroll down below and press the Logout button
4. Close the app
5. Open the app once again and proceed to log in just like you did the first time
6. And behold! Your Tinder matches are back.
If for any reason the issue does not get resolved, wait a while and do the same thing later. Remember that if only one or two of your Matches disappeared, then it’s likely they unmatched you or their account no longer exists. In that case, just keep using the app and be your awesome self because the next spicy Señorita just a few swipes away.
If you are sure that the person hasn’t deleted their account or unmatched you, then try the classic logging out and logging in back approach. Just tap the icon located on the top left corner of the main screen, go to Settings or App Settings, hit Logout, and then login back again.
If for any reason the method mentioned does not work, then try the steps mentioned below:
1. Make sure that you have the latest version of Tinder installed on your device
2. If not, update the Tinder app and see if you get back the matches
3. If it still doesn’t work, then, unfortunately, you have no choice but to delete your tinder account
(Note: this will cause you to lose all your matches)
4. Uninstall the app and reinstall it again
5. Proceed to set up a new account, input your location, age range, and all the other details necessary
6. Restart the search for your lost matches, and you may get lucky
We know that this may not be the most favorable course of action one may expect to take, but desperate times call for desperate measures. However, don’t be discouraged because you’ll always be able to swipe more and find new matches.
News about this glitch caused a backlash from many Tinder users who express their outrage over the deletion of their matches. A Twitter user is claimed that she had met the man of her dreams, but was unable to send him a reply due to the glitch.
Another user wrote that she is upset over Tinder deleting all her match collections, and doesn’t know what to do with life anymore.
Even though these reactions may sound hilarious to someone who has never used the app, frequent Tinder users are more than frustrated. The company made a statement on Twitter asking the user is not to panic about the system error and their match collection was not deleted.
The company also promised the users that they were able to address the technical issue and recover most of the accounts.